View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 07:04 PM   #306
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Exactly. Rust is right. In BB, Ras was attempting to raze the whole of Gotham. Whereas in TDK, Joker attempted to blow up a ferry...

And the point people are making is exactly right The conflicts in TDK were much more personal and thus made it a better film. I fully expect them to go down the same path with Superman-Lex. Parasite/Metallo/whoever simply aren't needed. This is Superman in a world closer in nature to ours, let's explore that. A lot of people posting here seem young. 'Yeah we need a big fight between Superman and [insert b-list villain here] in MOS2!'. No, we don't.
The conflicts in TDK were more personal, but the action was different because we weren't dealing with super-powered beings. The most damage we saw Batman do to the Joker was in the interrogation room scene, and Superman can't do anything like that to Lex. I expect MOS2 to be much more personal with Luthor as the main villain, but I also want Metallo and/or Parasite as the side villains hired by Luthor to give Superman a physical threat.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.