View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #306
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Exactly. Rust is right. In BB, Ras was attempting to raze the whole of Gotham. Whereas in TDK, Joker attempted to blow up a ferry...

And the point people are making is exactly right The conflicts in TDK were much more personal and thus made it a better film. I fully expect them to go down the same path with Superman-Lex. Parasite/Metallo/whoever simply aren't needed. This is Superman in a world closer in nature to ours, let's explore that. A lot of people posting here seem young. 'Yeah we need a big fight between Superman and [insert b-list villain here] in MOS2!'. No, we don't.
The conflicts in TDK were more personal, but the action was different because we weren't dealing with super-powered beings. The most damage we saw Batman do to the Joker was in the interrogation room scene, and Superman can't do anything like that to Lex. I expect MOS2 to be much more personal with Luthor as the main villain, but I also want Metallo and/or Parasite as the side villains hired by Luthor to give Superman a physical threat.

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Ant-Man, Daredevil, AKA Jessica Jones
2016: Captain America: Civil War, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Suicide Squad, Doctor Strange, X-Men: Apocalypse, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Deadpool, Star Wars: Rogue One, Warcraft