View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 08:38 PM   #254
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Fergie gets punished a lot less than other managers. Yes he's been punished but if he commits 20 offences he'll get 2 punishments, Wenger will get 6 and others will get more. And he lets rip so much when he's wronged you'd think Utd never get the rub of the green.
To be fair to Fergie (and I'm loathe to do so as I don't like the man at all) most managers (and fans too) develop very selective memory about bad calls within any given game, blasting away about the ones that go against them, but ignoring any others that go their way (or if they do acknowledge them they play them down as not important).

There's been a running joke for while now about the amazing 6 foot wall that must erect itself in front of Wenger's dugout whenever Arsenal are on the right end of a bad call, inspired by his consistent "I didn't see it" gem.

Fergie's rants when a bad one goes against him are a bit priceless though, as UTD get at least as many go for them than against.

Personally, considering they are top of the table without having played all that well this season, I think Fergie should shut up and count his blessings that they are top. If his luck holds he is gonna bag another title, so no need for the histrionics when the occasional ref fails to oblige him.