View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 08:04 AM   #650
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: Who should be the villain in an Avengers sequel? (Poll)

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Should he look ambiguously asian/latino as they draw him in the books, or just a straight white guy?
He should look like the best actor for the role looks, regardless of race or ethnicity. Atlanteans are blue, for cripes sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
I'd rather see Namor as the villain in a Fantastic Four reboot, and the Fantastic Four have to stop an Atlantean invasion of the surface world.
Well, you won't see Namor in an FF movie because Marvel owns the rights. And no, they're not giving him to Fox to screw over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
I wouldn't class Namor as a villian...
Namor has behaved in more or less villainous manner multiple times in his 74 year career. He is more of a misunderstood antihero who attacks the surface world out of a desire to protect the seas and his own people. From his point of view his actions are justified. However, humanity views him as a menace, quite understandably. (Namor's recent destruction of Wakanda put him and his little mutant friends clearly in the villainous column, however.)

Namor's sympathetic motivations are why I said he can be even more popular and interesting than Loki. Once he comes to terms with the heroes who are forced to fight his army, he can easily do a turn and become their grudging ally. If the writers decide to work in Namor's World War II service by way of his connection to Captain America, that may give him an impetus to join the Avengers, or just not fight them.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote