Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
"This. . .is more than I bargained for."
I can see that as a possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post

"yesssssssss"
I'm trying to bite my tongue here and let people say what they want but I dont' know how this look even remotely says "yessssssssss"....

I mean, that is NOT a happy triumphant look on his face. And no one is paying any attention to him or looking at him at all (other than the audience). Thor and Odin are totally engrossed in their own conversation... so he's not putting on the sad puppy dog eyes for them, certainly.

I think drawing from the line he says later when talking to Sif and the Warriors 3 ("I had no idea father would banish him for what he did!"), and that moment that he tries to interrupt but is HAARRGHed at by Odin, that he is sorry there for his part in Thor's comeuppance there. So while he had his part in them winding up on Jotunheim, he had no idea that Odin would be so upset with Thor as to banish him. I think he wanted Thor to tick off Odin yes, to push back the coronation (at THAT point in the movie) but not to get rid of Thor permanently (at THAT point in the movie).

He also possibly could be worrying about the punishment he might get after Odin is done with Thor, but based on the amount of anger that Loki shows Odin in the Vault scene, I don't think he's THAT afraid of Odin getting angry back at him and punishing him. If he was afraid of Odin punishing him for insolence, he wouldn't have lashed out so strongly at him in the vault. (angry asking "What am I? What more than that?", "The casket wasn't the only think you took from Jotunheim that day, was it?" and screaming "TELLLLLLL MEEEEE!" Those aren't ways that you speak to someone you are afraid of.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
But seriously, I'd think in character Loki's thinking about what Odin would do to him when he finds out about his even more treacherous betrayals.
possibly he could be worrying about himself, but then see what I wrote above about him not seeming at all afraid of Odin punishing him in the vault.

Now what do you think, is that possibly part of the problem? Loki gets away with things that Thor doesn't, because Odin loves Thor enough to punish him so harshly, and yet give him a chance for redemption. But Loki at least feels that he is the less important, less loved, (now learned) adopted son, and it sort of comes through at least subconsciously. He feels at least subconsciously that Odin wouldn't have been so disappointed in Thor, to punish him so harshly, if he didn't love him so much, and yet Loki gets away with more because Odin doesn't care as much? This is just an idea I'm playing with, not sure how I feel about this yet.

Last edited by elizah72; 12-30-2012 at 04:07 PM.