Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Mikey...

http://kristaferanka.tumblr.com/post...-two-up-like-i

Quote:
Dec 21 - Okay!

So i’m finishing these last two up like I said I would.

first up: Mikey.

From the get-go, I wanted him to be the legit ninja of the group. He is the stealth, he is the shadows, he is the quiet. He is easily the smallest of the group. Everything about him is built to me nimble. Dark colours were an obvious choice for him.

Because with this line of designs I was attempting to make the characters serious, I didn’t feel a wise cracking, joking goofball would fit with the rest of the group. It was with a stroke of inspiration that I came up with the mask. I didn’t want to just go with a standard ninja face wrap (which felt a little boring to me) and it wasn’t until i thought of using a mask that he really clicked for me. It would allow him to look super intense and maybe something along the lines where the mask helped create a sort of myth about him amongst criminals. But the thing I really liked that I came up with was putting a smile on the mask. It really hit home as an homage to the fun loving mikey and immediately giving him a defining feature that the others wouldn’t have.
Raph...

http://kristaferanka.tumblr.com/post...e-locked-for-a

Quote:
Dec 21 - aaaand last one.

I’ve had this one locked for a while. Idea-wise. He pretty much is the exact opposite of mikey. Raph is pure blunt force. He isnt fast, he isnt smart, no finesse. Instead, he just walks up to something and hits it until it drops. He doesn’t get out of the way either. He takes the hits. and hits them back. I also wanted him to barely use any weapons. its all his fists.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman