View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 07:45 AM   #45
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Default Re: Why did the League of Shadows want to destroy a peaceful city?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_scream View Post
I see what you're saying but don't really agree...at all. The Bane in this film is presented as someone wh is methodical, brutal, loyal, completely committed, arrogant and ultimately self serving. This is shown throughout the film. I don't see him as simply following Talia. All the scenes shown in the film, bar one, shows he is an unstoppable force and self driven. He could have got the LOS to beat Batman but he chooses to confront him one on one with no weapons. A loyal servant doesn't need this fanfare. He's trying to show Bruce he's the better man.

A loyal servant does not stand up and give passionate speeches to cause revolution. He doesn't ignore the wides of their "master" and decide to kill the hero anyway even though his supposed master wanted him alive. He doesn't arrogantly announce in front of the entire LOS that he IS the LOS.

The way I believe Bane is interpreted is one with several motivations. He seems to want to best Batman in battle. He wants to fulfil the destiny of Ras but I interpret it as wanting to show he can do what Ras couldn't--showing he is better than the man who cast him out. At the same time, I also see hm as a man as a protector of Talia because this interpretation of Bane isn't just a two dimensional killing machine like his comic counterpart. He has more to him.

Your depiction of him is simply not what was shown on the film IMHO.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
BatmanBeyond is offline   Reply With Quote