View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 11:21 AM   #956
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
So far; in terms of "Critical Reception", the last Disney Live Action film to have been received pretty well and that was created on a big scale basis was the first Pirates film.

Since then, all of their live action grand scale attempts (as far as I can recall): The rest of the Pirates films, John Carter, Prince of Persia, and The Three Musketeers, have really showcased some of the worst forms of storytelling and critical reception that I've seen in awhile.

I have no doubt that Star Wars will make a lot of money at the BO since the brand pretty much sells itself at this point; it's the quality of the story that I'm worried about since we haven't really gotten a critically acclaimed film from both fans and the GA for a long time.
Uh are you forgetting Avengers? Disney owns Marvel and Lucasfilm and its future projects are being handled in the same way. Disney will distribute and oversee the project the same as they did the Avengers. That was a critically and financially praised film so I think we are in perfectly good hands.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Marvolo; 12-31-2012 at 11:27 AM.