View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 05:49 PM   #80
ClarkLuther55
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Anti-Prequel Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKenobi View Post
You don't want a substantial discussion about these movies, you want to go to a thread called "The Anti-Prequel Discussion Thread" and complain when someone has a strong negative opinion.
So "substantial discussion" about the movies can't mean disagreeing with someone else?

BTW, I find the idea of dividing people into "Anti" and "Pro" discussion threads to be incredibly lame. Instead of using fandom as something to bring people together with a common interest, no matter what their opinion is, it's using fandom to divide people into separate camps. Also, it's a way for people to escape into echo chambers where everyone agrees with them, right or wrong.

What happens if, God forbid, someone in one of these threads says something factually wrong? Going by this "my side only" thinking, people would be discouraged from correcting him.

I'm fundamentally opposed to these kinds of threads at all.

Quote:
Theres an Appreciation thread too, if you want to talk over there about how brilliant you think the prequels are then go ahead,
Translation: You don't want to hear any opinions that disagree with you. You like your little echo chamber.

Quote:
However, to praise these movies and try to defend them here is like jumping in a shark tank gushing blood expecting not to get bit.
You're hardly a "shark" to me.

ClarkLuther55 is offline   Reply With Quote