View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 07:30 PM   #301
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Default Re: Changing the roster for Avengers 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000
The problem with this discussion is that while those of us who have been around a while know that legal issues prevent Spider-Man, Wolverine, et al from appearing in Marvel films, others are ignorant of those facts. They are going to keep arguing over and over that it makes sense for the studios to make a deal even though most of us know that is next to impossible.

We should just ignore it and talk about the dozens of Avengers characters who can appear in the sequels. I'm all for GiAnt Man, The Wasp, The Scarlet Witch, The Vision (not Coulson, though), The Falcon, etc., all of whom Marvel owns and can add to the team.
The fact that Marvel and Sony tried to work out a deal to show Oscorp in the background for Avengers is promising. I know a lot of people are saying we won't ever see Spider-Man in the movies, but the fact that the studios were at least trying to work out a deal says volumes, and I know that there are characters that people would much rather see that are already owned by Marvel, but it would be pretty awesome to see some sort of cameo by Spider-Man during Avengers 2. All I'm saying is that the fact that there was paperwork going on between the companies about the inclusion of Oscorp in the background may mean that the wheels are turning regardless. From what I've read, my understanding is that the deal was worked out, but there wasn't enough time left for the artists to put the building in.

I'm Venom is offline   Reply With Quote