View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 11:26 PM   #120
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen

Default Re: Create-A-Hero RPG Season IV IC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteMare Shape View Post
Draped in the tattered and dirty overcoat, Icon made his way down the street toward his apartment. With the wind whipping, he might look to any onlooker as just another of Lost Haven's many homeless looking for a shelter from the cold night air.

He walked along in a slightly dazed state, disorientated and confused as he moved closer to his home. He noticed that things seemed somewhat different around him. The store fronts around him seemed new. With very few exceptions, there was very little evidence of the destruction that he remembered from the STRIKE siege and his ensuing battle with Endgame.

What's going on? This has to be one of Anderson's tricks." He thought to himself as he stumbled forward, taking a moment to rest against the side of a building.

Several steps later, a gust of wind, and that day's addition of the Lost Haven Times put that theory to rest. The first page of that day's paper blew into the side of his foot. He slowly reached down and picked it up, and he couldn't believe what he saw when he looked at the date on the top of the page.

"Six months...?" He quietly said to himself in disbelief. "I've been gone for six months?". He said, not believing the words he was hearing leave his lips.

With more questions than answers, he pushed on toward his apartment.

Scott fumbled with the doorknob to his apartment in the dark, finding that it was locked. Using little effort, he broke the lock...making note that he would have to replace it in the morning...as soon as he's figured out exactly what was going on.

As he stepped into the apartment and turned on the light, he found that it was not in the same condition as the last time he had seen it. There were empty coffee cups scattered around the apartment mixed with dirty laundry and empty take out containers.

"Keira?" He says quietly as he pushes a black bra with his foot.

He heard the sound of someone walking down the hall near Jenny's old room. He didn't know who could be in his apartment, but was surprised when the intruder made her way into the living room, coming face to face with Kayla.

"Oh my god...Scott?"

Scott sat quietly on his couch waiting as Kayla prepared him a hot cup of tea. After several minutes, she came back into the living room, carefully handed him the steaming cup and gently sat down next to him.

There had been an uncomfortable silence since he came to the apartment, he had questions, and she had no answers. It was just six months before that she had held him in her arms as he succumbed to the injuries he had suffered in his battle with the beast Endgame. Yet here he was, sitting in the living room of the apartment that she had taken over after his passing.

She gently placed her hand on his forearm and turned to him.

"Do you remember...anything?" She asked, finally breaking the silence.

"The last thing I remember is flying toward Endgame and knocking him into that portal. Then falling. After that, it's just flashes. I remember you and Michael and some of the others standing around me...then there's nothing. It's like I ..."

"You died Scott. You died in my arms. We buried you." She said in disbelief, still trying to let this all sink in.

"I...I died." He said evenly, trying to come to grips with the new information.

"But how is that possible...? I mean, people don't just come back from the dead..." He said, his voice trailing off.

"I know...there must be some explanation, and we'll find it."

"Kiera..."

"What?"

"She thinks I'm dead. I have to go to her, she has to know I'm..."

"We'll worry about that tomorrow. Right now, you need to get your strength up."

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote