View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #63
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: Why did the League of Shadows want to destroy a peaceful city?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_scream View Post
The Joker,

Disagree. I don't think Bane would do all that for love. That's not how it comes across to me at all.
Fair enough. You're entitled to your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKAVELI25 View Post
You're a better man than me, asking posters to provide evidence substantiated by the movie has gotten tiresome. I now just read the conjecture and scroll to the next post, glad you're still carrying the torch though
Well thanks, but it's not exactly a hard argument to make when the movie supports what you're saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Great question. Was this answered with Ras's words in the hallucination? He had something along the lines that sounded like he didn't approve of how Gotham had been living in peace based upon a lie. In other words, I'm guessing in Bruce's mind, he figures Ras would not approve of Gotham's peace time. I guess one could also argue that of course, that wasn't really Ras's words as it was a hallucination by Bruce.
If we put aside the stupidity of a hallucination telling Bruce something as factual as the nameless mercenary from the story being Ra's, the hallucination does state that Ra's believes that because everything that Batman achieved was based on a lie, that's why Gotham is beyond saving and must be allowed to die.

Which as I've said all along is the only way it makes sense to destroy Gotham if they knew that beforehand. Knowing Gotham's peace time is all based on a fraud. It's like a marriage only being happy because the husband is lying to the wife. It's all a sham.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote