View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #65
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: Why did the League of Shadows want to destroy a peaceful city?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicksatpd View Post
The real question is why Talia felt the same as her father. I suppose it's meant to be the obvious: Same genetics, similar living, both in with the league of shadows, and once she got out of the pit at around age 10 (I'm guessing that's about the age), she was also then raised/nurtured by her father. But even still, it gets back to the problem of why Gotham STILL needed to be destroyed at the time of DKR.

I mean the LoS would be phenomenally hypocritical to begrudge someone doing a necessary evil for the greater good, thus they should have no problem with what Bruce and Jim did to get the Harvey Dent Act.

So you hate Bruce for 'killing' your father. Okay. Go kill him, then. But why go along with Bane's wishes regarding the city and its people? Is she just as dark as he is, or did she think she was still doing the greater good? Did she really think she needed to kill millions of innocent to relatively-innocent people just to wipe out the corruption in the white collar community of Gotham? Especially in a city with no organized crime and apparently a pretty clean police force? A good mayor? Just seems inexplicable to me why she would allow Bane to do what he did given the state of Gotham at that time.
These are all good questions to ask.

For me, this is why it's important to keep in mind the global scope that the LOS always has to their plans. One doesn't plan to bring "the world's greatest city" to its knees and leave the rest of the world helpless to save it, and then nuke it anyway without considering what effect this might have on the world at large. The scope of the LOS's ideals stretch far beyond Gotham, yet they're fixated on Gotham because of it's symbolic weight as the shining beacon of Western civilization. It's the same idea behind them attacking Rome, IMO.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote