View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #75
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Default Re: Why did the League of Shadows want to destroy a peaceful city?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Speaking as someone who was estranged from my grandfather due to a rift in the family until I was 10, I don't see it that way at all. It's a powerful experience to meet a parental figure so late in life. Part of you is terrified because they are larger than life, the other part of you laments the time you were denied together. It seems quite emotionally plausible to me that Talia would have all sorts of inner turmoil as a result of her father's premature death, including a nice dose of guilt for holding a grudge against him.
I can only assume that when Bane was excommunicated from the LoS that Talia went with him, to me that says her bond was always with Bane which makes sense given he was their protecting her for the first dozen years of her life, any child shrink would tell you that no matter how much blood they shared Talia and Ra's relationship would never be as strong as her relationship with Bane. Ultimately the more plausible outcome wouldn't be someone who would seek revenge, it's someone who would accept what happened and would move on because her actual parental figure, ie Bane, is still alive. Guilt about a falling out? Perhaps, but not to the extent of planning to finish what he started, it's doesn't make any logical sense from a realism perspective anyway.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is online now   Reply With Quote