View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 08:55 PM   #311
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Default Re: Changing the roster for Avengers 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader
I'm pretty sure that Falcon will be in Avengers 2. Falcon being a member of the new Avengers show, which has the rest of the roster being the cast of the movie, seems like pretty good proof to me.
The danger with adding more Avengers is falling into the "double the characters for the second film" trap. Just so easy for it to turn into a mess, unless they take away someone from the cast of the first film. With Cap, Hulk, Iron Man, and Thor more or less unmovable, the sacrifices would have to be Black Widow and/or Hawkeye, and yet, Widow is amazing, and Clint is cool in his own way. Now, Whedon is good at juggling characters and keeping them all "alive" for us, but I'm also remembering how Buffy tended to err in overexpanding its cast, which cost it in charm and sense of intimacy. Over there, it happened over seven seasons and I don't know how many episodes, but in Avengers, it would be sudden. If Antman and Wasp were introduced through Iron Man and Black Panther through Captain America, not everyone would have to be in the next film itself, but we'd still get to see them. For example, War Machine in Iron Man 2 was all that was needed.

I'm Venom is offline   Reply With Quote