View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 06:09 AM   #85
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: Why did the League of Shadows want to destroy a peaceful city?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
I can go on forever in this thread, but I'll keep it short. Talia was an idiot who had no idea what the goals were for the LoS or what her fathers intentions were. And the whole revenge thing? I've said this before but she would not have had a strong enough bond with her father to have cared about him after their falling out. And of course all she had to do was blow up the city, so really, she's an idiot.
Quote:
For a series hellbent on realism the parental/child bond between Talia and Ra's wouldn't nearly be as strong given the age the characters first met. Talia's father figure would be Bane, therefore her desire for 'revenge' would be almost non-existent.
Exactly. We were at least given a reason WHY Talia was doing it, even if it did feel weak.

Bane got no such details. He was strictly loyal to Talia. I believe everything that was done was on her instructions. Keep Bruce alive and broken in the pit she and her mother suffered in, torture the city as revenge against the man who killed her father etc.

Bane had no personal stake in it. Not for Bruce or Gotham. Only Talia. Bane has been serving, protecting, and putting his life on the line for Talia since she was a kid. Same thing here years later. That's how it's presented, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Have people arrived at "They did it because they are evil/misguided", yet?

Talia had so much potential...

Bah.
The worst excuse of all!

Quote:
I can only assume that when Bane was excommunicated from the LoS that Talia went with him, to me that says her bond was always with Bane which makes sense given he was their protecting her for the first dozen years of her life, any child shrink would tell you that no matter how much blood they shared Talia and Ra's relationship would never be as strong as her relationship with Bane. Ultimately the more plausible outcome wouldn't be someone who would seek revenge, it's someone who would accept what happened and would move on because her actual parental figure, ie Bane, is still alive. Guilt about a falling out? Perhaps, but not to the extent of planning to finish what he started, it's doesn't make any logical sense from a realism perspective anyway.
Agreed 100%

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 01-02-2013 at 06:12 AM.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote