View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 09:23 AM   #610
mc7791
The boys have arrived

Default Re: The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
They're interactions, sure, but not really meaningful in an inter-personal connection sense.

Because if them interacting is all that matters, then Iron Man interacted with Hawkeye when he gave him a ride, and when Hawkeye gave him directions.

But I'm talking about connections like the type Bruce has with Tony, that inspires him to join the team for the big battle. Bruce may have briefly chatted with Steve, but it has no payoff.
I respectfully disagree. After Coulson dies the exchange between Cap and Tony has a lot of weight to me. Tony is right that they are not soldiers but he also realizes from what Cap says that they have to find it within themselves to work together, get beyond self doubt and animosity, and find a way to prevail. Also when Banner arrives at the final battle he knows that Cap will direct the team in the right to protect New York. Cap may have not had any real drown out interactions with any one member of the team but them taking orders from him when it counts goes a long way and speaks to Cap's strength of character IMO.

mc7791 is offline   Reply With Quote