View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #608
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I don't think they'll get into individual Gems just yet, no. Some people still theorize that Loki was using the Mind Gem in Avengers, but the jury's still out on that. My own personal view has always been that Thor1 established that the Gauntlet is already made and sitting in Odin's treasury, so the Gems are already gathered there.
Now that you mention it, it's probably better that the Gauntlet is already assembled. We get fewer installments when it comes to movies, so we don't have the luxury of a lot of preliminary stories or asides.

Quote:
Warrior's Madness would be an interesting add to any Thor movie, but I don't think we'll see it in Thor 2 yet; simply because they're still trying to develop Thor in the MCU as a true good-guy hero. Giving him a Hulk-like out-of-control berserker rage wouldn't help much on that front.
That makes a lot of sense.

I said:
Quote:
Even though it's a right-handed glove?
Quote:
Eh, I wouldn't read too much into that.
Not to worry; I'm just giving you a hard time

Quote:
the most important thing to remember is that in the Avengers movie, it's Thanos' RIGHT hand that is conspicuously bare. So I'm pretty sure the MCU version of the Gauntlet is a rightie.
Maybe the guy they cast is right-handed.

Quote:
Thor was resurrected just a few issues later; superheroes never die in the comics.

And no, I don't think they'll let Thor die this early in the franchise. Even a "superhero death" that's retconned a film or two later. Again, Thor is still developing as a franchise, so it's too risky to start pulling tricks like that on the audience.
That makes sense.

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote