View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #88
Hawkeye70000000
Side-Kick

Default Re: Why did the League of Shadows want to destroy a peaceful city?

I don't see Talia's have more of connection with Bane than she would of have had with her father. Bane did not start protecting her till she was at least 4 or 5 yrs of age. Remember during the flashbacks, Bane doesn't come into the fold until the doctor forgets to lock the cell door. So, we're looking at around 5 years of protection from Bane. Talia's mother would have told her about her real father. How he would not have abandoned them if he had known about their circumstances. It wasn't as Ra's had abandoned her and her mother. To a child that is important to know that her real father would love her if he knew, instead of feeling abandoned and alone. The power of a biological parent is powerful, especially when one or both are not in the picture, and it isn't due to an untimely death or even at war. Just a few hundred years ago, a child not seeing their father, due to war, might have been 5 or 10 years of age before seeing their fathers for the time. So, Talia's wanting to honor her father, especially when they had a disagreement over Bane, in order to find some sense of closure. Some may call this weak, but I call it being human.

Edited: I agree with TheBat812.

Hawkeye70000000 is offline   Reply With Quote