View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #126
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

Default Re: Pepper Potts as Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I don't think it will be. There's a LOT of scenes in the trailers so far that don't feature Pepper at all, and a good bit of them that show Tony alone. Most of the interviews and write-ups about the movie so far tend to zero in on that feature --- the fact that Tony *will* be alone in this movie, and back to his proverbial cave. I also remember reading that Gwyn said she doesn't have a big role here.

I still strongly, strongly suspect that Pepper dies, period. Nothing would leave Tony more alone than that.

But on that note, I'll throw a (bitter) bone to those still holding out for Rescue armor, and leave you with this passing thought on the idea of Tony putting Pepper in an Iron Man suit to keep her "safe":

....maybe Tony *does* put her in an Iron Man suit to keep her safe from his enemies. And maybe we see that very thing happen in the trailer. When Mandarin's faux news choppers attack the Malibu mansion, it could very well be that Tony has Pepper hastily don his suit to escape....

....and that's actually her we see in the Iron Man suit that gets dragged to the bottom of the Pacific Ocean.
I very much doubt that Pepper dies. She is such an integral part of Tony's character in these films that we'd have to dedicate Avengers 2 and Iron Man 4 to just dealing with his crippling depression and grief is she were to be taken out...

ゴジラ
kaijunexus is offline   Reply With Quote