View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 07:26 PM   #89
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Default Re: Why did the League of Shadows want to destroy a peaceful city?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
There are always exceptions to the rules. The fact that you're so sure about how a little girl would react when you have very little knowledge of what she was thinking about is incredibly misguided.

In my mind, her relationship with Bane is more of that of an older brother, but she always was seeking her father, and the idealized relationship that is the father/daughter relationship. When Ra's later banishes a man who was essentially a brother to her, she has an internal hatred for him for that, but upon his death by betrayal, she finally sees him for what he was in his own mind. It mirrors a very natural child/parent relationship - you idealize them as a child, find your own way (and see how far you can push yourself from them) as you grow, then finally appreciate them for what they truly are as a mature adult.
Ask any child shrink and they'll tell you that Talia and Bane's relationship would be father-daughter like and not brother-sister like. There are no exceptions, the parental figure in her life would be Bane because he was there from the beginning and Ra's was not. One does not simply meet their biological father for the first time at age 11 or 12 and see that person as their parent, and they never will because it's infused in the child's head that their father figure is the one who raised them.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote