View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 11:28 PM   #756
ericadawn16
Side-Kick

Default Re: Ultimate Spider-Man animated series discussion thread - Part 1

When I was actually a kid, I grew up with PeeWee's Playhouse, Tiny Toon Adventures and Animaniacs. I'm not sure about your age or whether your familiar with these, but they are children's shows. However, they reference everything from pop culture to classic films to Shakespeare and have sexual innuendo in differing degrees. This idea of children's shows not being allowed to have anything adult is a new idea which I hate. I prefer something like Ultimate Spider-Man or the Super Hero Squad Show where the whole family can watch together. Actually, the Super Hero Squad Show was probably one of the best when it comes to utilizing the bulk of Marvel's characters especially the female characters and using actual ideas from the comics...one episode was even inspired by Neil Gaiman's 1602 and titled as such.

There were a couple of bad episodes in USM...Hulk being sick, but I loved the majority of them especially the play episode. However, I did see a darker, more serious bent to the last few episodes of the season and I'm not opposed to that either. I mainly wish that they would do more with the female characters, especially Aunt May although I loved the episode about Peter having to accept her dating again.