View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 12:53 PM   #672
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

I think Dr. Strange should appear in an Avengers film without joining the team. A contact, with some explanation for his continual non-involvement other than "We don't like Bendis' Avengers." Wolverine's cameo in XMFC is a good start, but I would like it if Strange gives them some asset or pointer or something before retreating off to some other dimension or returning to gathering his energies for the next interdimensional conflict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher_M View Post
... it's a billion and a half dollar franchise pure win-win for both studios..

Q: Now that The Avengers has done so well, it seems like the other studios with Marvel properties can see the advantage of making a deal. Can you see a world where this generation of X-Men could be in an Avengers movie?
Here's my question: Why would Disney/Marvel want those characters back? They are making a ton of money without them. Why would they pay money to make money they're already making? With characters whose continuities don't even fit with the MCU? That's not a win-win for the studios. The only people who profit from such deals are Fox/Sony and fans who like to imagine what's happening off-screen and between films.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote