View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 08:19 PM   #40
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Default Re: Was I the only one shocked during the big reveal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
It was baffling to me how easily people here predicted the entire plot of the film. Except maybe JGL's role (a lot of us were convinced of his villainy). Despite how fluidly the dots connected, we were in denial, telling ourselves the plot couldn't be that predictable, that it was Nolan!
Which is exactly why I think a lot of hardcore fans don't like TDKR as much as more general fans do. I've been saying this from the time the movie came out, because it was one of my initial issues with it.

I kept myself away from this site but not before I saw the spy pics of Marion, not to mention Liam Neeson getting spotted on set which only lends credence to who she really was (and further spoiling the Ras cameo in and of itself)

I also read some of the Blake theories, that after some thought, made sense. Obviously we also know what Bane's original purpose was in the comics, so even when that happened it was less of a shock to us then to someone who has no idea who Bane is. Even the fake death is reminiscent of Dark Knight Returns, and something we speculated about months prior.

Going into a movie with all that swirling in your head ultimately just gives everything much less of an impact and also undermines Nolan's "twists" that are his usual MO. Just about every pivotal scene or moment in TDKR is robbed of surprise & suspense if you're any type of hardcore Batman fan.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Doc Samson is offline   Reply With Quote