View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 09:53 PM   #674
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
I think Dr. Strange should appear in an Avengers film without joining the team. A contact, with some explanation for his continual non-involvement other than "We don't like Bendis' Avengers." Wolverine's cameo in XMFC is a good start, but I would like it if Strange gives them some asset or pointer or something before retreating off to some other dimension or returning to gathering his energies for the next interdimensional conflict.

Here's my question: Why would Disney/Marvel want those characters back? They are making a ton of money without them. Why would they pay money to make money they're already making? With characters whose continuities don't even fit with the MCU? That's not a win-win for the studios. The only people who profit from such deals are Fox/Sony and fans who like to imagine what's happening off-screen and between films.
To be fair: Marvel Studios are making a mint off any movie that has Iron Man in it. Spidey and Wolverine blow the doors off the box office of any other Marvel Studios character. It's not hard to understand why they could profit from adding Parker and Logan to their stable.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote