View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 01:56 AM   #131
Just one more
Side-Kick

Default Re: Pepper Potts as Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Forcing her to wear a suit of armor every time she goes to the bathroom is *not* a valid option, and in many ways, is selfish on Tony's part and disrespectful to Pepper, in that he continues to put her in danger and draws an even bigger bullseye on her by creating a much higher profile for her.
How is he forcing her? Suit up to go the bathroom? Are you trying to make your argument sound ridiculous?

I think you need to re-read the thread. The suit would be solely for her protection in case the danger came to her. She wouldn't wear it all the time, nor participate in Iron Man's missions, but the suit would be there tucked away just in case something happened. Like insurance, you hope you don't ever need to use it but if you ever do, you're glad you have it. It just makes good sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
And no, I don't want Pepper to be "damsel in distress." I want her to be strong and independent, which she's *supposed* to be. There's no better way to show the strength and independence of her character than to show that she doesn't need Tony Stark's help to survive.
So a supervillain comes directly after her and you want her to use her inner strength and independence to escape. That's what we are talking about here, her being in direct physical danger.

Just one more is offline   Reply With Quote