View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 07:46 AM   #72
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Days of Future Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I think these continuity errors wouldn't happen so much if this was a TV series because the producers would have planned which characters will appear in the next 5 to 20 episodes, next season and they are gonna shoot the episodes in less than a year. Plus they have more time to develop the characters.

But with movies, its different. The gap between the X-Men movies was 3 years and in those 3 years, a lot of things changed (crew/cast/story). The audience wouldn't also notice the continuity errors that much (especially if the last movie was released 3 to 5 years ago) compare to watching a TV series (that is airing a new episode every week or everyday). I also don't think the producers really care about continuity problems that much. I feel like they just pick which characters that they want to use and they have limited time to explain/show things in a movie so sometimes they just ignore the continuity errors and just move on to a new concept/story.
Yes, it's true it would be different if it was a TV series. And it's not the same as the film adaptations of Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, The Hunger Games or Twilight, which all come from a single fixed literary source.

But maybe Fox should start thinking of the X-Men films in the same way. If the studio execs got together with Singer and the producers, they could plan out the franchise a bit more.

Even if new directors and writers come in for future films, they would at least have to stick to the basic plan of which characters they had to use and introduce, rather than just contradicting things that already happened.