View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #37
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Default Re: How Long Was Bruce Wayne Actually Batman in this Trilogy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
What about between TDK and the Dent Act? As I said, the Dent Act could have easily been purposed, created, et cetera within that year and a half that the mobsters are in jail so what more could Bruce be doing with most of the crime diminished? Imo, Nolan's Batman was not one to mess with the random purse snatcher so Bruce was intent on just waiting until something bad happens next which is what Alfred alluded to in TDKR.
That's my point, hint to some things that were worthy of Bruce's attention. But when they are gone. He keeps being Batman, trying to stop "small" crimes like murders, rapes, carjackings, but they aren't worth the toll on his body.

Quote:
Of course, but, imo, I'm glad they did.
Bringing in the League seemed like trying to arbitrarily tie it to Batman Begins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLightning View Post
I have read them, I actually love them. But on film, I would have feel a little cheated if they said that there were more, ahm, "super criminals" in the interim between TDK and Rises. Because I would have wanted to see them, specially see the Nolan's take on them. Since Nolan desired to end the story, instead of infinitely blowing up the balloon and expanding the story
It's not infinitely blowing up the balloon though, the story would have still ended. It's keeping Bruce as Batman within the timeline of the film series. Did you feel cheated that The Dark Knight hinted towards confrontations between Batman and Scarecrow between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight? I sure as hell didn't.

Quote:
I found appropiate his creative choices. Those gaps are opportunities, yes. But then, we would need another director, and perhaps his vision would compromise the themes of the trilogy, who knows?
Would we? Hints towards events doesn't mean we have to see them. Like Joker's origin for example.

Last edited by Llama_Shepherd; 01-04-2013 at 12:40 PM.
Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote