View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 12:47 PM   #62
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: Was I the only one shocked during the big reveal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
Again, there's no statistic to prove this, but it seems like the amount of people who were exposed to those set pics and big "reveal" by a completely unknown child actor is completely miniscule compared the the actual amount of people who saw the movie worldwide.
Really, and where's your statistic to prove that?

Quote:
Was it as well-kept of a secret as the ending of Psycho or The Sixth Sense? Not at all, but that's tough to do in this day and age. It's not as if this massive spoiler was being blasted all over the different formats of mainstream news. I'm also willing to bet that if Batman Begins were shot in 2011 under the extremely high level of scrutiny and coverage that TDKR's shooting received, that spoiler would have seen some internet attention as well.
You can bet and theorize all you like. You're talking conjecture you can't prove.

This plot point was all over the net in pics that were taken like they were ON SET, clear as day, and WB didn't even bother have them taken down. Then you had a cast member confirm it, too.

To say it was a badly kept secret is an understatement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Talia's reveal was meant to be about as much as a surprise as the reveal of the "grumpy" clown goon as The Joker IMO. Which was also spoiled via spy pics, btw.
You must be joking! They showed Joker's prologue months in advance before the movie was released. It was not meant to be a secret. Nor did they build a whole load of subterfuge around that through the movie like they did with making the audience think Bane was the child of Ra's who escaped the pit. Even bringing in Liam Neeson for a cameo to confirm that for Bruce.

Bad analogy, Batlobster. Really bad.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote