View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 12:58 PM   #63
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Default Re: Was I the only one shocked during the big reveal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Really, and where's your statistic to prove that?
Clearly stated there was no statistic other than good ol' common sense. Are you suggesting that out of the MILLIONS of people who viewed TDKR in theaters and now on home video and on demand...that a majority of them knew that Miranda Tate was Talia al Ghul beforehand? Because I was suggesting that yeah, thousands of people must have seen those pics or read spoilers somewhere online, but that is a small number compared to the actual number of people who eventually viewed the film.

I think this is a quite logical way of looking at it, rather than "EVERYONE KNEW IT!!!"

Quote:
You can bet and theorize all you like. You're talking conjecture you can't prove.

To say it was a badly kept secret is an understatement.
We're both pretty much talking conjecture at this point, if you think about it. I'm saying that it wasn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things and the "leaks" didn't hurt the film critically or financially. You're saying that this was one of the worst kept secrets in film history and you seem to be suggesting that a many more people knew the secret beforehand compared to what I am suggesting. There were, in fact, leaks on the internet, but we're debating the reach of ultimate effect of those leaks on the film in the eyes of audience members (not just hardcore fans).

Where's the statistics or proof for either of our statements?

[/QUOTE]