View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #132
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
I disagree with both of you--I think both movies will have a presence during the Super Bowl. Though I agree with your positive reasons for either teaser to be shown.

For one, you have Iron Man--the same Iron Man that in 2008 elevated the recent trend of upcoming movies showing teasers during the Superbowl. At this point it would be out of character if Tony Stark didn't show up on the biggest stage in America. It's also an opportunity to show some fun aspects of Iron Man 3 that aren't in the first trailer. Given the serious nature of that trailer, the MoS trailer, and the STID trailer these past few months, a more energetic teaser for IM3 during the Super Bowl could serve to be a memorable, stark contrast.

Also, cherokeesam, I can almost guarantee that Iron Man 3 will have a second full-length trailer: the past two Iron Man movies (as well as Thor and Avengers) released second trailers about two months before their May release dates. Iron Man 3 isn't done showing new stuff.

As for Thor, it's an opportunity to finally show the world just how different and intriguing Alan Taylor's vision is going to be tonally and visually for a Thor they've seen the past two years, leaving an indelible mark in people's minds. America thinks it already knows what Thor is all about. A Super Bowl teaser could turn that on its head. I don't think Marvel is going to reveal the first Thor 2 footage in a box set that only a small percentage of the population will end up buying.

And why are you guys all of a sudden concerned that Disney wouldn't want to pay for both? They did it for Thor and Cap in 2011, didn't they?
Has there bin a superbowl spot for any movie that comes at the second half of an year.?
i dont think there is correct me if im wrong, most superbowl spots cover only summer movies which end at August. While all ur arguments are valid i believe marvel/disney are counting on IM3 to essentially hype the other phase 2 movies obviously cuz of RDJ's recognition with GA.
btw Feige did confirm new IM3, Thor2 and Cap 2 footage with the briefcase set, but its mostly likely gonna be short teasers....