View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 01:17 PM   #39
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Default Re: How Long Was Bruce Wayne Actually Batman in this Trilogy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
It's not infinitely blowing up the balloon though, the story would have still ended. It's keeping Bruce as Batman within the timeline of the film series. Did you feel cheated that The Dark Knight hinted towards confrontations between Batman and Scarecrow between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight? I sure as hell didn't.
Well I didn't saw it hinted towards it, because I already saw that confrontation. Still, we saw that in TDK.For example, I don't think a montage of various Batman villains being taken down in that time span would have been worthy. Many of the rogues in the gallery deserve more screentime than just that. My point being is that the feeling would have been similar to TDK, not because the villians are similar, but the format is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Would we? Hints towards events doesn't mean we have to see them. Like Joker's origin for example.
That's seems just a little arbitrarly, because most of us know that the Joker doesn't have a past per se. Those little tidbits helped to strenghtend that notion and were true to the character. Also, we are talking about characters, not events. On a greater canvas like films, I for one would have wanted to see more rogues on the loose. But as I said, the feeling would be similar, and the storytelling would be rehashing the format. Would they be great movies? Of course! But were they necessary to tell the story? Perhaps not.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

BlueLightning is offline   Reply With Quote