View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 01:34 PM   #134
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
IM3 has pretty much already got its big trailers out
We'll get at least one more full theatrical trailer for IM3, probably 2. No doubt it'll have a superbowl spot, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
I disagree with both of you--I think both movies will have a presence during the Super Bowl. Though I agree with your positive reasons for either teaser to be shown.

For one, you have Iron Man--the same Iron Man that in 2008 elevated the recent trend of upcoming movies showing teasers during the Superbowl. At this point it would be out of character if Tony Stark didn't show up on the biggest stage in America. It's also an opportunity to show some fun aspects of Iron Man 3 that aren't in the first trailer. Given the serious nature of that trailer, the MoS trailer, and the STID trailer these past few months, a more energetic teaser for IM3 during the Super Bowl could serve to be a memorable, stark contrast.

As for Thor, it's an opportunity to finally show the world just how different and intriguing Alan Taylor's vision is going to be tonally and visually for a Thor they've seen the past two years, leaving an indelible mark in people's minds. America thinks it already knows what Thor is all about. A Super Bowl teaser could turn that on its head. I don't think Marvel is going to reveal the first Thor 2 footage in a box set that only a small percentage of the population will end up buying.

And why are you guys all of a sudden concerned that Disney wouldn't want to pay for both? They did it for Thor and Cap in 2011, didn't they?
Thor:TDW getting a superbowl spot, I think, would be a good move. While it is a long time away, the one-two puches of two new Avenger related spots one after the other lends itself nicely to hype.

I think the main question is would they have enough suitable FX shots finished in time.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...