View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 05:04 PM   #48
JDonaldD
Side-Kick

Default Re: How Long Was Bruce Wayne Actually Batman in this Trilogy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
It all comes down to how one interprets that "Last confirmed sighting" line. Sounds like a lot of people took it as Nolan slamming the door shut on any possible Batman appearances between TDK and TDKR. I found it to be the opposite. The way Blake words it immediately brings to mind the possibility of "unconfirmed" sightings.
I can see that, especially since he went ahead and built the Batcave and Alfred mentions him not having been down there in a while. But when Bruce meets Gordon in the hospital, it seems pretty clear that since they "won" at the end of TDK, Batman disappeared and they haven't talked since then, which is a bit odd because the time gap is so large. But I don't think there's anything in the film to suggest he was Batman after TDK.

I think the issue is that they tried to do too many thing with the time jump. This movie feels like it takes place 2 years after TDK max. But they wanted the Dent act to be significant and they wanted to age Blake and also do the Howard Hughes Bruce and have TDK Returns vibe for the final film so his return feels much greater. It does most of these things pretty well but why would Bruce have a busted knee for 8 years and do nothing about it? Why would it take Alfred so long to say something to Bruce about Rachel? And no communication with Gordon for 8 years? It's just too long.

JDonaldD is offline   Reply With Quote