View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 04:17 PM   #49
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Default Re: How Long Was Bruce Wayne Actually Batman in this Trilogy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Scarecrow becoming a drug dealer and Batman saying "Don't let me catch you out here again". Again is the keyword there, Batman never caught Scarecrow out there before.
I think that he referred to the copycat batmen though.

Quote:
Who said anything about a montage? That's not hinting. That is outright showing.
That's how I imagined it, just my personal vision. Let's say that they hinted towards it. What happens? We never get to see those confrontations, and even if we imagined them, we would have been left wanting for more. Not exactly the right thing when making a closure.

Quote:
Batman has as many "pasts" as Joker.
That's not true. The core elements of Batman's origin story are pretty set on stone. Whereas with the Joker is completely the opposite, which suits the character.

Quote:
And hinting towards further characters would have been true to those characters and strengthened the notion of a universe based on Batman's mythology.
Perhaps, but how it would have strengthen the characters? What would bringing them to the table serve?

Quote:
What defines characters?
I'm not quite sure what you are referring here. But for one thing, some characters needs development. Some villians aren't fit for Nolan's vision of Gotham. This is just my opinion of course but the top guys he left unused where the Riddler, the Penguin and Hugo Strange. They easily could be done, but the only one who can bring something to the series would be perhaps Strange. The Riddler would offer a fun romp, but like I said before the feeling would be similar to TDK in the sense of "episodicness". With the Penguin, they would have to make him a mob boss of sorts, but we already saw that. The other ones like Black Mask, Firefly, Deadshot, and my personal favorite the Ventriloquist, don't seem particularly fit for a movie treatment. Most of the rest of the rogues are a little more sci-fi oriented.

So perhaps Nolan's Batworld is limited in this regard, but you could see why they opted to go this route,

Quote:
I'm not asking for more films. I said let the audience use their imagination. Hint towards it, and let the audience imagine what happened. Then it is the best for everyone.
But it is really necessary? For the story that they told, I don't think it would have been necessary.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

BlueLightning is offline   Reply With Quote