View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #50
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Default Re: How Long Was Bruce Wayne Actually Batman in this Trilogy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLightning View Post
I think that he referred to the copycat batmen though.
But if he wasn't. Then it was Scarecrow, which means there were intermediary clashes.

Quote:
That's how I imagined it, just my personal vision. Let's say that they hinted towards it. What happens? We never get to see those confrontations, and even if we imagined them, we would have been left wanting for more. Not exactly the right thing when making a closure.
Only as much as the time between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight was, it would suggest Bruce had a near full career as Batman. But hinting towards a brand new Batman isn't blowing the balloon up?

Quote:
That's not true. The core elements of Batman's origin story are pretty set on stone. Whereas with the Joker is completely the opposite, which suits the character.
Joker has almost always gone through a tragic occurrence in his past which fractures his psyche. Bruce has sometimes had both parents shot, sometimes he was raised by Uncle Philip Wayne for a while, he's sometimes had a brother. Also, I never said "origin" I said "past" which opens up even more pathways.

Quote:
Perhaps, but how it would have strengthen the characters? What would bringing them to the table serve?
But you wouldn't bring them to the table. You'd hint to them. What did Zsasz in Batman Begins serve that couldn't be filled with any other random crazy Arkham inmate? The purpose is to develop Bruce, not them.

Quote:
I'm not quite sure what you are referring here. But for one thing, some characters needs development. Some villians aren't fit for Nolan's vision of Gotham. This is just my opinion of course but the top guys he left unused where the Riddler, the Penguin and Hugo Strange. They easily could be done, but the only one who can bring something to the series would be perhaps Strange. The Riddler would offer a fun romp, but like I said before the feeling would be similar to TDK in the sense of "episodicness". With the Penguin, they would have to make him a mob boss of sorts, but we already saw that. The other ones like Black Mask, Firefly, Deadshot, and my personal favorite the Ventriloquist, don't seem particularly fit for a movie treatment. Most of the rest of the rogues are a little more sci-fi oriented.
You clearly aren't reading at all now. I never said do a film based around any of these characters. I'm not even saying to show the characters. I'm saying hint towards them. Hint. Suggest they could exist.

Quote:
So perhaps Nolan's Batworld is limited in this regard, but you could see why they opted to go this route/
I see a reason. Not one good enough for me though. Like you said, it's limited.

Quote:
But it is really necessary? For the story that they told, I don't think it would have been necessary.
Was it necessary to use Talia Al Ghul in the film? No. Bane? No. 8 year gap? No. But there they all were.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote