View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #52
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Default Re: How Long Was Bruce Wayne Actually Batman in this Trilogy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
But if he wasn't. Then it was Scarecrow, which means there were intermediary clashes.
I'm pretty sure he was referring to the copycats.

Quote:
Only as much as the time between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight was, it would suggest Bruce had a near full career as Batman. But hinting towards a brand new Batman isn't blowing the balloon up?
No. Because that story would have Blake as the protagonist, and Bruce Wayne journey it's over. It's a thematic thing though, because it is a thread left from TDK where Bruce looks at Harvey Dent as a successor, in a way Batman inspired Dent "Things have improved" says Alfred, but in the end it all goes wrong. Now Blake fulfills this purpose in a different fashion.

Quote:
Joker has almost always gone through a tragic occurrence in his past which fractures his psyche. Bruce has sometimes had both parents shot, sometimes he was raised by Uncle Philip Wayne for a while, he's sometimes had a brother. Also, I never said "origin" I said "past" which opens up even more pathways.
Depends on what you define tragic, for example being a Gangster/Red Hood who clashes with the Batman and ends up in a chemical bath doesn't equally match to a disgraced comedian with lost family. But in comics and media there are details that fluctuates, but there are milestones that prevail, like the chemical bath for the Joker.

Quote:
But you wouldn't bring them to the table. You'd hint to them. What did Zsasz in Batman Begins serve that couldn't be filled with any other random crazy Arkham inmate? The purpose is to develop Bruce, not them.

Quote:
You clearly aren't reading at all now. I never said do a film based around any of these characters. I'm not even saying to show the characters. I'm saying hint towards them. Hint. Suggest they could exist.
Quote:
I see a reason. Not one good enough for me though. Like you said, it's limited.
I know what you are saying, but I already made my point about how most of these characters don't bring anything of weight for the story they are telling. I don't get this necessity of hinting towards them.

Quote:
Was it necessary to use Talia Al Ghul in the film? No. Bane? No. 8 year gap? No. But there they all were.
Yes there is, because this is the story they are telling. You change that, you get a different film. There is a reason for all of that.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

BlueLightning is offline   Reply With Quote