View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 06:08 AM   #135
Just one more
Side-Kick

Default Re: Pepper Potts as Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Knock knock! Oh no, here comes Mandarin! Better put on my handy-dandy Ms. Iron Man suit and unibeam his ass out the door.....oh wait, you didn't even want the Rescue armor to have offensive weapons, right? So instead, Pepper sits there inside a tin can and lets Mandy whale on her for awhile, *hopefully* to no effect, and *hopefully* he'll just get tired and wander off after awhile....?

Yeah, good luck with that.
**sigh**

No. She would use the suit to fly herself to safety, more than likely alerting Iron Man to her danger on the way.

I guess you really are trying to make your argument look ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Here's a better idea: the way to keep Pepper out of harm's way in the first place is for Tony to (....say it with me, class: ) separate himself from her permanently so that she's no longer a target. I can just about guarantee that's *exactly* what Shane Black intends to happen, judging from the trailers that feature Tony all by his lonesome, and all the cast/crew interviews and set reports and leaks that describe Tony all by his lonesome.
So you are a fan of them going the Spider Man 2 route, fair enough. Personally I'm not a fan of that but I understand if they do so.

When he talks about protecting the one thing he can't live without, it seems to me like there is the possibility of Rescue.

Just one more is offline   Reply With Quote