View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 10:36 AM   #613
elizah72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Eh, I wouldn't read too much into that. A lot of posters in the Hype (and other sites) have already, and try to use that as "proof" that the IG in Thor1 (and in the SDCC display, and in the Kevin Feige interview....) can't possibly be "the real thing" since comic-book IG is a leftie. But I think that just boils down to the fact that Marvel Studios didn't research every single minute detail before going with it....the most important thing to remember is that in the Avengers movie, it's Thanos' RIGHT hand that is conspicuously bare. So I'm pretty sure the MCU version of the Gauntlet is a rightie.
ooooh... however THAT would be quite a twist if someone stole the IG for Thanos brought it to him, and it was a fake! And Odin had hid the real one elsewhere. Hmmmm...

Quote:
And no, I don't think they'll let Thor die this early in the franchise. Even a "superhero death" that's retconned a film or two later. Again, Thor is still developing as a franchise, so it's too risky to start pulling tricks like that on the audience.
he already "died" and Loki already "died" and then came back once, and then Iron Man "died" in Avengers and came back. I think if anyone else dies in the near future of these franchises then it's going to need to be more permanent otherwise it gets a little ridiculous. The audience will get apathetic with all the dying and coming back. I don't think Thor will "die" and come back again or Loki in the MCU, at least not anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Now that you mention it, it's probably better that the Gauntlet is already assembled. We get fewer installments when it comes to movies, so we don't have the luxury of a lot of preliminary stories or asides.
which I think is a wise choice. They could always do a prequel I suppose that covers that part...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokiDionysos View Post
About Darcy and the character Ian Boothby (some believe him to be her bf, i'm not sure yet), this is just speculation for now...

What if Ian Boothby actually equals a very basic version of marvel character Ian McNee? Or some combination of McNee & Darcy's bf to introduce the concept of the Sorcerer Supreme for future movies (Darcy/Selvig just think he's a little eccentric at first). A magic shop owner who aspires to be Sorcerer Supreme and could play a small part in the Strange movie. IMO there's no Dr. Strange in this movie...Only references to the title of Sorcerer Supreme, which Darcy's "boyfriend" may mysteriously know about...

He could be hiding his real name, or it's altered because he's not that important other than being interested in Tarot and some of the prophetic nature of Ragnarok.

Or he's in league with Chthon at this point in time, aka "the Other"...

http://marvel.wikia.com/Ian_McNee_%28Earth-616%29

"Ian consulted the First Tarot and found many oddities with the state of magic.

Ian was trapped in the Serpent's Sea and saved by a being appearing to be Oshtur. "Oshtur" asked Ian to gather the Ebon Rose, Darkhold, Sword of Bone, and the Serpent Crown in order to balance magic. Ian traveled through time and space to do so, encountering Morgan Le Fay, Llrya, Ammut, during his quests.

However, he learned that it was Chthon who had asked him to gather the items and attempted to corrupt the other cornerstones with the Darkhold. Chthon was banished, and now Ian must work with Ashake and Oshtur to repair the structure of magic."
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I like that. It could eventually be a lead into Strange as well. eventually
I don't know about all of that but I think based on the fact that apparently Malekith can make a copy of a human in the comics, I am suspicious that he may wind up being a Dark Elf or a Malekith illusion spying on Jane and Erik's research, and possibly manipulating matters so the Dark Elves can invade. but that is total speculation. However it would fit well and more smoothly into the story then having it be kind of a disjointed sidetracking lead in to Dr. Strange the people may not see the benefit of for a long time and doesn't really work with the plot of the current film so well. (at least as far as I can see here) And that's an awful lot of backstory to devote to the character in a movie that is bound to be jam packed, versus, him being simply a minion of Malekith helping his fellow Dark Elves.

Last edited by elizah72; 01-05-2013 at 10:42 AM.
elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote