View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 11:04 AM   #78
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I think they should hint at a Mystique and Azazel connection, not neccesarily on this sequel, but at least on the last one.

They dont need to SHOW Mystique pregnant or both of them having sex, just suggest they have/had something and fans would join the pieces easily.

If this series had more than three movies, I think they could easily adress the issue with more care and screentime, but if they dont want to do it, at least to suggest it.

But to have Mystique and Azazel on the same time period and to avoid the Nightcrawler connection is too big of a stupid decision, I think.

and about Banshee and Havok not confirmed yet, Im not worried, they are under contract, so Fox doesnt need to confirm them at all. They will be there, and in the highly unlikely case they wont, we'll have a x-men team on the 60's in any case, so we dont need to worry.

To drop half of the FC cast on the sequel would be one of the most stupid decisions of superhero franchises, so Im sure Bryan wont do that.
See I don't think they need to hint at anything with Mystique/Azazel. There is way too much to cover and FIX without dealing with who Nightcrawler's parents are. If they're meant to be his parents, then they've got to address why Mystique had exactly one "meh" interaction with him in X2. And "she's a heartless woman" doesn't cut it because it outright isn't true. The ONLY thing I would accept was that her memory of him was wiped out completely (and Erik's would have to have been as well, and probably Charles'). Which is such lazy, lazy, LAAAAAAAAZY storytelling. They've got such a clusterfrig of continuity issues to fix in DOFP since they unfortunately decided XMFC was a prequel rather than a reboot. I don't see how adding a needless one is going to help them. We've got only got 4 hours to fix everything and keep it fresh and interesting. If they're going to drop things from the comics in order to accommodate the quality of the films, the Nightcrawler's-parents thing is a perfect candidate. It would take up so much more explanation than what is worth. Having two characters onscreen at the same time who hooked up once in the comics doesn't necessarily mean they're in the movies together because Nightcrawler. They both do serve other purposes as individual characters.

blueserenity is offline   Reply With Quote