View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 11:05 AM   #81
Angamb
Banned User

Default Re: Days of Future Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
See I don't think they need to hint at anything with Mystique/Azazel. There is way too much to cover and FIX without dealing with who Nightcrawler's parents are. If they're meant to be his parents, then they've got to address why Mystique had exactly one "meh" interaction with him in X2. And "she's a heartless woman" doesn't cut it because it outright isn't true. The ONLY thing I would accept was that her memory of him was wiped out completely (and Erik's would have to have been as well, and probably Charles'). Which is such lazy, lazy, LAAAAAAAAZY storytelling. They've got such a clusterfrig of continuity issues to fix in DOFP since they unfortunately decided XMFC was a prequel rather than a reboot. I don't see how adding a needless one is going to help them. We've got only got 4 hours to fix everything and keep it fresh and interesting. If they're going to drop things from the comics in order to accommodate the quality of the films, the Nightcrawler's-parents thing is a perfect candidate. It would take up so much more explanation than what is worth. Having two characters onscreen at the same time who hooked up once in the comics doesn't necessarily mean they're in the movies together because Nightcrawler. They both do serve other purposes as individual characters.
as everything else, it all depends of how much time the writers and director want to spend on each subplot. Not all the elements from the comics or the movie plots need a whole arc on each sequel.

So as Ive commented, we dont need something explicit. A little nod would be more than enough to me.

And about Raven's reaction to Kurt on X2, it was just their very first meeting, and a short one, just because Raven didnt show some interest in him doesnt mean he isnt his son. Its Mystique who we're talking about. On the very first metting with her son she wouldnt say: 'ey, how are u?... are u married? how has Life treat you all these years?... would u like to have another meeting one of these days? Id like to learn more from you"

Each fan can interpret some event or characters in different ways. Just because the previous directors didnt make obvious one thing doesnt mean it cant be adress later in this still alive franchise.

A similar case is Syrin appearing on X2 and now Banshee on FC on the 60's. Just because Singer didnt use Sean's name on X2 doesnt mean she isnt his daughter. All this stuff are subtle nods that can be explored/suggest/expanded later in the franchise, in case the creative team wants to.

And again, even if they dont adress this type of stuff ever, each fan will decide if they want to connect things or not.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote