View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 01:27 PM   #138
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Default Re: Pepper Potts as Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just one more View Post
Which I personally wouldn't have a problem with, though in the comics the Rescue armor has no offensive weapons.
The armour itself is essentially an offensive weapon. Whether she carries ballistic missiles or not. The suit itself is still quite deadly. It's not terribly likely she would simply run to safety (which is acting like a damsel) and not take part in fighting in whatever way she can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just one more View Post
If she has armor then she is hardly a damsel in distress. She could take herself to a place in which she could assist, such as she did in the final battle of IM2, rather than be a hindrance by being under threat.

I don't want to see her fighting the final battle alongside IM or anything but I don't want her just waiting for IM to come and save her. After all, no one here disagrees she is the easiest way for a villain to hurt Stark. If she had a suit to take her to safety, it eliminates that threat.
Giving her armour doesn't automatically make her less of a damsel (which she hasn't been in the last two films). Especially not how you seem to define her and the suit. If anything you seem to be reducing her to the role of damsel as Rescue and therefore the armour under those conditions seems to be a backwards character development.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote