View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #61
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Default Re: How Long Was Bruce Wayne Actually Batman in this Trilogy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLightning View Post
No. Because that story would have Blake as the protagonist, and Bruce Wayne journey it's over. It's a thematic thing though, because it is a thread left from TDK where Bruce looks at Harvey Dent as a successor, in a way Batman inspired Dent "Things have improved" says Alfred, but in the end it all goes wrong. Now Blake fulfills this purpose in a different fashion.
I still think it was blowing up the balloon though. Because Batman is still there. Bruce didn't want Batman to become a permanent fixture of Gotham. He wanted to show people that the City didn't belong to the criminals and the corrupt. I feel a better ending would have been a city that didn't need a Batman. Plus, 2-3 lines of extra dialogue doesn't make Bruce's story any less complete.

Quote:
Depends on what you define tragic, for example being a Gangster/Red Hood who clashes with the Batman and ends up in a chemical bath doesn't equally match to a disgraced comedian with lost family. But in comics and media there are details that fluctuates, but there are milestones that prevail, like the chemical bath for the Joker.
I think being physically deformed is tragic no matter who you are.

Quote:
I know what you are saying, but I already made my point about how most of these characters don't bring anything of weight for the story they are telling. I don't get this necessity of hinting towards them.
To establish that it was more than just Bruce being Batman for 9 months, that he went above and beyond what any person could. That he willingly put his body through hell every night because he failed Harvey.

For me, 4 months and 9-18 months will always be disappointing.

Quote:
Yes there is, because this is the story they are telling. You change that, you get a different film. There is a reason for all of that.
Bane could have been switched out for different villains. Talia could have been switched for Nyssa etc. Even still it's not necessary, why not tell a different story? That specific story was not necessary, it was just preferred.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote