View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 01:04 PM   #620
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

<Ian Boothby as an agent of the Dark Elves>
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
I think it fits nicely into what we know will be involved with Thor 2, and what we know to be involved with Malekith and the Dark Elves storyline in the comics. Like the English Cottwalds being a doorway to Svartalfheim in the comics and that instead being Greenwich U, seemingly. Well it makes perfect sense for Malekith to have someone manipulating things so that the portal researchers go specifically there, to open a portal to Svartalfheim so they can attack, doesn't it? Fits perfectly into the story. Far more a coincidental "stretch" if Jane and Erik just happen to go there by accident.
Well, in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, each of the Nine Realms is in its own dimension. At certain spots on the Earth, the dimensions overlap and there it is possible to open a wormhole between them (Stark and T'Challa (the Black Panther) propose to build a device to do this). If they use the same idea of dimensional overlap here, then Jane & Co. would be looking for such soft spots. So they might just happen to go to this locale or that as they search. But if the University of Greenwich site has overlap *only* with Svartalfheim, then it would be odd for them to go to that site in the absence of external influence. Their goal, after all, is Asgard.

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote