View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 04:00 PM   #525
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Who said she has to be biological? She could be adopted. (Loki didn't look anything like his foster father..... /straightface )

In any event, seeing Szostak as Justine Hammer manhandling/molesting Tony Stark in that scene makes a helluva lot more sense than seeing Janet Van Dyne doing that. Why would Janet do that? What, other than having short hair, even remotely hints at Szostak being Janet?

Janet Van Dyne is a fashion designer who married a brilliant scientist who experimented with miniaturization and made both himself and his wife shrink down to become micro-heroes, and founding members of the biggest superhero group on the planet. How does Stephanie Szostak in a white lab coat throwing Tony Stark in a goofy vest against the wall of some darkened office (in preparation for a throwdown and/or some rough sex) possibly, *possibly* suggest ANYTHING to do with Janet Freakin' Van Dyne....? Seriously. I want to know what the Jan Fans see there that I don't.
I agree that there isn't much evidence pointing to Szostak being Janet. But I did want to make this observation...it appears to me that Szostak and RDJ are in a backroom of a restaurant. She is not wearing a lab coat, or it doesn't look like one to me. It looks more like this woman is possibly a server at a restaurant. However that may fit into the movie, i don't know. I just wanted to point it out. Does this change any of the speculation on the character? Probably not. Here is a probably way to large screen cap of the scene...notice all of the high chairs/servers station.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!: