View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #65
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Default Re: How Long Was Bruce Wayne Actually Batman in this Trilogy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
I still think it was blowing up the balloon though. Because Batman is still there. Bruce didn't want Batman to become a permanent fixture of Gotham. He wanted to show people that the City didn't belong to the criminals and the corrupt. I feel a better ending would have been a city that didn't need a Batman. Plus, 2-3 lines of extra dialogue doesn't make Bruce's story any less complete.
They didn't show that Blake was going to be Batman for sure. Bruce just left him his stuff. It goes around to the dialogue with Alfred, where he admonishes Bruce for not trusting people. It's up to Blake now. Hypothetically speaking, if there was a need for Batman, Blake most likely would step up, but as for the ending, they didn't established that there was still a need for Batman.

Quote:
I think being physically deformed is tragic no matter who you are.
For storytelling purposes, the themes are different though.

Quote:
To establish that it was more than just Bruce being Batman for 9 months, that he went above and beyond what any person could. That he willingly put his body through hell every night because he failed Harvey.

For me, 4 months and 9-18 months will always be disappointing.
He did that. The approach they took was different. Let me put it this way. At the end of TDK, Batman had worked non-stop for more than a year to put an end to organized crime. That ought to take a heavy toll on his body. That final battle left him gravely battered, gun wounded, and with a limp. Bruce would need time to heal, while the crooks Harvey put in prison where still there for argably 18 months, time enough to develop the Dent Act and giving Gordon the tools he needed to make the final strike to the organized crime. Batman wasn't needed, so Bruce took his time and efforts to do good as Bruce Wayne, namely with the energy project. Those things take time too. It was a more rounded approach if you think it through. It is fine if you don't like it though.

Quote:
Bane could have been switched out for different villains. Talia could have been switched for Nyssa etc. Even still it's not necessary, why not tell a different story? That specific story was not necessary, it was just preferred.
Like who? I already mentioned the remaining rogues, and really for the story they where trying to tell, Bane fitted like a glove. And Nyssa instead of Talia? Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicStalker View Post
Not quite...
the line...

WAYNE
A dog. (off look) A big dog. There were more copycats last night, Alfred. With guns.

Implies that this group of copycats that he had just encountered was a different group of copycats. Otherwise he would have said I ran into scarecrow and "whats-his-names" group again last night.
Of course! It is implied, even in the viral marketing campaign that the Citizens for Batman made several interventions. What I was arguing was that he referred to the copycats, not Scarecrow.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

BlueLightning is offline   Reply With Quote