View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #67
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Default Re: How Long Was Bruce Wayne Actually Batman in this Trilogy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLightning View Post
They didn't show that Blake was going to be Batman for sure. Bruce just left him his stuff. It goes around to the dialogue with Alfred, where he admonishes Bruce for not trusting people. It's up to Blake now. Hypothetically speaking, if there was a need for Batman, Blake most likely would step up, but as for the ending, they didn't established that there was still a need for Batman.
Literally every time I left The Dark Knight Rises people were asking "So is there gonna be more films with Robin now?"

That's blowing up the bubble. Now I do accept I'm probably a minority then.

Quote:
For storytelling purposes, the themes are different though.
Oh yeah.

Quote:
He did that. The approach they took was different. Let me put it this way. At the end of TDK, Batman had worked non-stop for more than a year to put an end to organized crime. That ought to take a heavy toll on his body. That final battle left him gravely battered, gun wounded, and with a limp. Bruce would need time to heal, while the crooks Harvey put in prison where still there for argably 18 months, time enough to develop the Dent Act and giving Gordon the tools he needed to make the final strike to the organized crime. Batman wasn't needed, so Bruce took his time and efforts to do good as Bruce Wayne, namely with the energy project. Those things take time too. It was a more rounded approach if you think it through. It is fine if you don't like it though.
Yep, that's the underwhelming part. One year and 4 villains is just underwhelming for me. Like, why would every major hypothetical criminal need to be connected to the mob?

Quote:
Like who? I already mentioned the remaining rogues, and really for the story they where trying to tell, Bane fitted like a glove. And Nyssa instead of Talia? Really?
Nyssa is at least a villain, until recently, Talia has always genuinely loved Bruce being a pawn in her fathers plans.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote