View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #68
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: How Long Was Bruce Wayne Actually Batman in this Trilogy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLightning View Post
They didn't show that Blake was going to be Batman for sure. Bruce just left him his stuff. It goes around to the dialogue with Alfred, where he admonishes Bruce for not trusting people. It's up to Blake now. Hypothetically speaking, if there was a need for Batman, Blake most likely would step up, but as for the ending, they didn't established that there was still a need for Batman.
I would say that Gotham doesn't need Batman for a while at least. But maybe in a couple of years things could get shakey once again. People taking advantage of the lack of no Dent Act and the lack of an existing Batman. It gives Blake time to train, time for Gotham to begin the rebuilding process.

But you also have to look at the Blackgate prisoners (and possibly Arkham patients?) who are out there. Perhaps scattered around the city. Yes the cops could round them up, but what if they can't catch every single one of them? So maybe Batman IS needed during this time..

It is a bit vague. Maybe Gotham doesn't need Batman for a while, maybe it does. Blake is there regardless to step up to the plate incase. Training or not i guess.

Bruce's journey has a definite conclusion as this universe's first generation Batman & creator. But we don't know if this is the beginning of Robin's journey or when it will happen, or if it will EVER happen. Gotham might not need a Batman for the next 10 years after TDKR for all we know. Blake may end up helping orphaned children and using the tech inside the batcave to help tip off Gordon and his crew in catching the leftover prisoners. Or better yet to keep an eye on the city via the computers just incase some big trouble arises. Then he would have to teach one of those children upstairs in Wayne Manor a few tricks in possibly becoming a vigilante-hero if/when Blake gets too old to don the suit.

I think the end is done in such a way where they've teased us with a continuation but they don't ever have to show us anything more. It's great for the imagination.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote