View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 04:48 PM   #70
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Default Re: How Long Was Bruce Wayne Actually Batman in this Trilogy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
But that was intended. To tie back into Batman Begins with the League of Shadows. It had part of the beginnings of Batman and it played a part in the ending, or at least Bruce Wayne's time as Batman(if Robin John Blake becomes Batman later on).
Not to mention that when you think about it the LoS giving up on trying to destroy Gotham is neither very plausible nor very consistent with the way they were established in this series. I mean, Ra's mentions that they already attacked Gotham once more before the attack in BB and that the League 'has been a check against human corruption for thousands of years', proceeding to give the examples of Rome and London afterwards. I don't think an extremist society such as them would've taken their failure to accomplish their main goal with Gotham so easily.

So in that sense, their third (probably) attack on Gotham in TDKR does make sense, even though bringing them back is rather uninspired. There's also the tematic value of bringing it back 'full circle' to BB and all that jazz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polux View Post
Funny thing, some time ago i was reading a Batman comic book, think it was Hush, and in the story he got really injured with a cracked skull and several broken bones, in the story, a few weeks later he's back into action and that made me think "Wait, this happens to Bruce a lot, right? Like, he gets badly injured constantly..." and realized how ridiculous is for a man with no supernatural powers to keep healing from this things like nothing happened and remain on top of "human potential"; I mean, boxers get permanently damaged for things that Bats faces in a nightly basis, yet, he keeps goin like it's nothing.

That's something that I loved about this version of the character; his humanity, how he got hurt really bad and how that leaves scars and consequences (sp?), yet, this extraordinary man, works through pain, sucks it up and keeps on fighting, never giving up, and you can tell that he's hurt, he's in pain while doing it.

I've read a lot of people here saying how much superior comics/TAS Batman is to Nolan's, and I'm sorry, I just don't see it (don't get me wrong, Batman is my favorite fictional character ever since I was a little kid); when comparing the Nolan movies to, say, Mask of the Phantasm (which I saw a couple of days ago), I found Bale's Bats to be much more capable, scarier, incredibly more intimidating, all around much more badass, this unstoppable force of nature; and I know that a lot of people are hung out on "Batgod" from the comics, yet somehow, overlook all the little moments during the trilogy that show us how smart and the gifted detective that he actually is.

These and many other reasons make Nolan and Bale's Batman my favorite version of the character, above both comics and animated shows.

Polux
Nice post.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html

Last edited by BatmanBeyond; 01-05-2013 at 04:54 PM.
BatmanBeyond is offline   Reply With Quote