View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #72
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Default Re: How Long Was Bruce Wayne Actually Batman in this Trilogy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
So you see my point of the ending being far more "balloon blowing" than the possibility of interim cases between The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises?
To an extent, because I understand how people can come up with such conclusions, but I disagree because it didn't appear to be like that for me. Primarly, because we are talking about Bruce Wayne story. A sequel with Blake would be more in the field of a spinoff.

Quote:
I wouldn't count Zsasz as a villain, and I don't count the mobsters as villains. Criminals, but not villains.
He was still there. Still, seven villains is not to bad

Quote:
To you, maybe not. To me it adds more possibility to a fictional world I loved.
The Nolan films are not a straight adaptation of that world. They are a reverent interpretation of the source material which manages to embody most of the greatest aspects of the Batman mythos through the years. It has a different set of rules, in a different media.

Quote:
Scarecrow and Ra's didn't have star power before Batman Begins. Though I see your point.
They had, Scarecrow was even being considered for the following film after Batman & Robin. Both Ra's and Scarecrow appeared in other media and are staples in the comic books before the Nolan films.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

BlueLightning is offline   Reply With Quote