View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 06:30 PM   #75
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Default Re: How Long Was Bruce Wayne Actually Batman in this Trilogy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLightning View Post
Perhaps, but I still think the audience would make the distinction. The intention made on the film is other. The theme is there, but is often overlooked.
I wouldn't bet on it. Not unless news sites reported it exclusively as a spinoff. If it picked up plot threads from TDKR, I'd say most would think it was a sequel.

Quote:
Why not? We are talking about Ra's, Scarecrow, Joker, Two-Face, Bane, Selina and Talia right?
Didn't realise you were counting Bane, Selina and Talia, I thought you were counting Zsasz, Maroni and Falcone.

Yeah, sevens not bad. But, personally, I'd like to think that there could have been more. It's one of those times when I think "Nolan, I don't care what you think, I've substituted my own thing here". Like I did for the ending.

Quote:
Oh, very well then. Speaking for myself, I thought the way the films developed showed a balanced translation of the Batman lore.
They very much did. Aside from a few minor complaints, it's quite possibly my favourite interpretation of the character.

Quote:
I did, actually. Specially Scarecrow, he was ingrained into my mind since Batman TAS. He was a part of the Superfriends show too, and member of the Legion of Doom. Those characters maybe aren't up there with The Joker, the Penguin, The Riddler or Catwoman in terms of popularity, but they are recognizable.
That was all way before my time, so that might explain it. Also, I don't think those shows would have been well known outside the US, which is why nobody I knew had known them either.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote